Marigold was putting the final touches to her list of New Year’s Resolutions. So far she had:
1) Do my bit to help shift the British chocolate mountain.
2) Never be caught without my diamonds.
She peered at the list and sighed. It struck her as pretty feeble, on the whole. After all, wasn’t it jolly old Michelangelo who’d said something like… Well, what HAD he said, exactly? She strolled over to her bookshelf- ah, yes, that was it! “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it”. Hmmm. She considered a moment, and picked up her pen.
3) Learn Japanese, Sanskrit and Urdu.
4) Train to become astronaut.
5) Achieve perpetual poise and grace.
6) Live happily ever after.
Yes, that ought to do to be going on with…